Monday, November 21, 2011

first blog post!

Welcome to my new blog!  I read a long list of needlework blogs every day and have been wanting to start my own for some time.  Well, there is no time like the present!

Just as a place to begin, I want to point out that the big photograph in my blog header is of a tambour (or luneville) embroidery I did last year, from a master class I take every year in Kentucky.  It is the principle form of embroidery that holds my interest and hopefully, my future profession, as I aspire to teach these techniques someday.  I also am going to Paris (yes!) in February 2012 to take class at Lesage, a couture embroidery school owned by Chanel.  More on that in a future post.  :-)

But for now I am starting with Anna Hrachovec's new book- Teeny-Tiny MOCHIMOCHI.  I cannot get the book cover loaded on here for some reason, but please go to Amazon or Anna's blog http://mochimochiland.com/blog/ and check out these incredibly cuuuute little knitted miniatures!  My mom collects bride & groom sets and this wee one, pattern found in the book, was a must to knit up!  The photo above is the almost completed wee couple, although the groom needs hair and the bride is waiting for her veil.

Male pattern baldness, perhaps?

Blocking the wee veil.

Ta-da!  Veil stitched in place.  The groom has hair, albeit Eddie Munster hair (I had a problem with his hair.)   But check out the wee bow tie!

For anyone attempting these patterns, they are easy-peasy if they don't require color change in one round.  If they dooooo require color change, as the groom's white shirt/black tux did, and you forget to twist your color change, it can be an expletive spewing experience challenge.  Ha ha.  I don't swear.  Nooooooo......

But I am extremely pleased with the final results and can't wait to present the happy wee couple to my mom to add to her collection.  And of course, sometimes prop-ups are needed, both in real life....

and wee knits.....

Thanks for looking at my blog and welcome!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    So nice to see this other side of you~~ Not only do you make beautiful jewelry, you stitch and knit, too!!! You are one talented girl~

    Love the photo on your blog header!!! The work is just amazing!!!! And your tiny couple, they are just too cute!!!!! I will be coming back often~~

    ReplyDelete